WHAT is the Stork's Nest?
Stork's Nest is a monthly prenatal health education program held at Thea Bowman Center in Cleveland Ohio. The program is open to low income pregnant women and their partners, with the seminar content covering the entire range of pregnancy topics - from your health before pregnancy, through your baby's first birthday. The seminars are conducted by trained health professional volunteers using March of Dimes and ZHOPE approved curriculum.
Why Should YOU participate in Stork's Nest?
Participants earn "Shopping Points" which can be used to shop for mostly new donated baby clothing at the Stork's Nest. These points are all that is needed there is no other cost. Additional points can be earned when a woman's partner or support person also attends. Through the generosity of donations, the Stork's Nest is stocked with virtually new infant and children's clothing and items.
The members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Gamma Delta Chapter and the March of Dimes Co-sponsor the Stork's Nest. This program is designed to:
- Provide prenatal education and incentives to pregnant women.
- Motivate women to get early, regular prenatal care through earned incentives.
- Educate women on self-care during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum.
- Educate mothers on newborn care, infant safety and follow up immunizations for their babies.
WHERE is Stork's Nest?
Thea Bowman Center, 11901 Oakfield Avenue (Corner of E. 120th and Union) Cleveland OH, 44105Every 3rd Saturday of the Month, Registration 9:30-10:00 a.m.,Educational Session 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Shopping 11:00-12noon, Lunch 12noon - 1:00 p.m.
2016 Class Schedule
- January 16th: Stork Nest and You
- February 20th: You & Your Pregnancy
- March 19th: Prenatal Care
- April 16th: Eating Healthy During Pregnancy
- May 21st: Stress During Pregnancy
- June 18th: Things to Avoid During Pregnancy
- July 16th: NO MEETING
- August 20th: Caring for Your Baby
- September 17th: Postpartum Care
- October 15th: Domestic Violence
- November 19th: Graduation
- December 17th: Graduation and Christmas Giveaway